Tuesday, September 30, 2008

college!

so, i know i said i would post about the college trip later, but i'm thinking i won't. haha i'm too lazy. if you really want to know, just ask me :)

anyways i'll update ya'll on the college thing. so the only school i've actually applied to is OBU and i'm not really interested in going there. that was just out of boredom from the hurricane haha. same thing with Baylor. i'll probably finish the Baylor one this week though just so i'll have an in-state school in the midst of my options. so other than that, i still need to finish my application for LSU and OU and start the one for CU. there's just like a few things on the LSU/OU app that just stump me. like how can i diversify the university? I CAN'T!! i'm a white girl. nothing diverse about me. i wish i was more in tune with my italian heritage so i could be diverse. haha. so yeah i just have to figure that out and then i'm done with OU. and then LSU... i don't remember why i didn't finish. but oh well. but yeah. after visiting OU these past two weekends and comparing it to other colleges, it is definitely my first choice. like.. i'm only applying to CU because my mom REALLY wants to me to go to school in colorado. i'm not sure why, but she always has. hahah. but that means i have to write those stupid essays JUST for that application. gay. and i don't really want to go to LSU because it's dangerous. hahah. and because.. it just didn't really appeal to me as much as CU and OU did. but i'm still applying because i don't have to write essays and to see how much scholarship money they offer me. they basically already told me i would get a full-ride because i'm from texas. so we'll see if that happens. but yeah i'm going to go rory gilmore on you. here's a pro/con list so i can show you how awesome OU is.

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
PROS
the campus is absolutely beautiful. the elementary music education program is really really strong . i'm pretty much guaranteed a job in colorado as soon as i graduate.
CONS
it's known as a party school. tuition for out-of-state is WAY UBER expensive. like.. it hurts me to think of how much it would cost. one year of marching band is required. and i really don't like the bassoon teacher. at all. he scares me and i think he's prejudiced against people from texas. no lie. haha. and it's really far from home. a 16 hour drive. sigh. that's just too far. and boulder is an expensive city to live in.
Louisiana State University
PROS
no marching band required. only like a four hour drive i think? i could very possibly not have to pay for tuition.
CONS
HURRICANES! haha. i don't want to deal with those for a while. the dorm rooms pretty much suck. and i just can't really see myself living there.

UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA!!
PROS
i don't even know where to begin. the campus is SOOOO beautiful. and the town is just amazingly cute and old fashioned. the band is really good and the band directors are really nice and funny and like me. and the bassoon teacher is AMAZING. i could totally see myself being his student. he's so funny and unique and quite a talker. and he really really cares about his students and is really passionate about them. ANDDD i found out yesterday that i don't have to do marching band!!! which is really very exciting. and i was talking to the bassoon teacher and he basically told me that he would make sure that i get scholarship money. they love me there. and i love it there too! i can definitely see myself going there. like.. no other school compares. i can't even think of any CONS. sigh. i really hope it works out that i go there. although, i'm trying to not to make up my mind right now. because things and plans change. or rather, my plans don't always match up with God's exactly.


so yeah. that's where i stand on college. i'm so ready to be out of high school. you have no idea. i'm so tired of it.

3 comments:

DaBomb said...

diverse doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a certain ethnicity or nationality. Talk about what makes you different from other people, like your family life and your beliefs

Anonymous said...

"Pro (for OU): Jon goes there!" Don't be afraid to say it :) The school is already perfect for you - the fact that Jon goes there is just the cherry on top!

taylor.kristine said...

hmm good point, ian. i'll try to cook something up with that.

and :) to molly.