Sunday, January 4, 2009

i'm not a fan of just writing about what i've been doing unless it's something really exciting like my little college road trip, but I guess that's what i'll do..

this break has been WONDERFUL. very unproductive, but absolutely wonderful. I have been so blessed. my family has been acting so civil towards eachother; i thought that was impossible! and i've been able to see jon practically EVERY DAY. that still blows my mind. i'm so used to seeing him for maybe three days at the most, then having to return to our separate states. but for the past three weeks i have been able to see him for at least a few hours or so everyday (minus two). it's so amazing. i miss him so much. but now he's off to miami to play in the drumline for the national championship game. and i'm still stuck here in houston. and he won't be back until a week from today. but when you've gone seven weeks without seeing each other, a week really isn't so bad. pardon my "French," but long distance relationships suck terribly. i advise to avoid it unless you know your relationship has a really firm base and communicating isn't a big issue. although, it seems lately jon and i have more trouble communicating while he's in town than while we're 417 miles away, and that's mostly my fault. but anyways, i'll wrap up this jon rambling. haha. 

the wonderful and talented katie and chris stockwell took my senior photos and they're AMAZING! i absolutely LOVE them. you can look at them on my facebook, but i'll put my favorites on here. jon and my mom also came with us, and it was so much fun. jon was a little bored and probably annoyed that i required him to wake up at 7:15am to do this, but it's okay. he was in some of the pictures and i LOVE them. the "kiss" pictures were awkawrd to do though; i couldn't stop laughing. it was just SO awkward! me and jon aren't into PDA very much, and when katie asked us to kiss for a picture in front of my mom, i just couldn't handle it. i busted out laughing every time we tried. it was funny. but for the most part, it was a great experience and i am so thankful for the stockwells. 

also, i don't know if i ever posted this, but i'm sure everyone knows. i am the cow mascot at chick-fil-a. it was a lot of fun at first. and i mean, it's still fun. it's just becoming more and more of a chore. don't get me wrong, i'm really glad i get paid so much to just run around the store and act goofy with kids. but i only work a few hours each day. i need a job that i can get more hours! but i'll probably wait until summer to do that, since i have to balance band and school AND a job. at least band doesn't interfere with this job. i'm jsut kind of getting tired of it. also, i need to keep this job for at least a few months. my only other job was just a summer job at All About Music, and if all of my jobs only last a few months, that'll look bad. so i'll at least keep this one until may. maybe this summer i'll just rock two jobs, because apparently the cows sometimes go to astros games and such! that would be fun. 

anyways, i have to jet. but that's basically what my Christmas break has been so far. 
maybe i'll let everyone know what my "new years' resolutions" are in another post, although they aren't really new years' resolutions. they're just a list of things i decided to discipline myself on sometime last year, and i wish to continue them. hahaha.

peace out!

No comments: