Monday, March 15, 2010

I Love My Job!

I worked on Saturday and Sunday, and each day I love my job more and more!

Saturday I had to work inside all day, so it was kind of boring. But Jon and Ethan came to see me! They hit some balls on the driving range and hung out inside with me a little bit. But then they left and I was back to playing Sudoku on my phone. But I made a lot of money!

And yesterday was THE BOMB! I worked inside for four hours and was smart enough to bring something to do. I'm currently reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks so I can see the movie, but I have a feeling the movie isn't going to be worth seeing. I'm not really a fan of Amanda Seyfried or whatever. Anyways, then I went on the cart for four hours! I didn't make quite as much tips as I would have liked, but I still made forty bucks! AND two guys gave me FIVE DOLLAR TIPS! The first one was because I was driving along in my golf cart (Starting at the hole and working my way to the tee) and saw someone about to hit the ball towards the hole so I stopped off to the side. He hits it, yells FORE!, and next thing I know a golf ball hits my wind screen. It was hilarious! So we drive to meet eachother and I crack a few jokes and ask if he wants anything, and he gets a drink and gives me five dollars because it's the "least he could do since he scared me so bad." AWESOME!! And then (I have to backtrack a bit) while I was working inside, this asian guy who's probably in his late twenties came in and got a 6 pack of Bud Light and introduced himself to me. His name is Shaun. Anyways, he was upset there wouldn't be a cart girl because I told unless somebody else comes to work inside, I'm stuck inside. But Cathy came, and I got to go out on the cart! So I see them and they're yelling "TAYLOR! TAYLOR!" and I'm like "Hey Shaun! Hey guys! Can I get y'all anything to drink or eat? More Bud Light?" and they were like yeah! So I filled them up and went on my way. Then on my second round, I see them again. They're on one side of a pond about to hit their ball and I'm on the other side. One guy hits the ball and it looks like it went in the water, and then all the sudden there's a ball bouncing and rolling next to me. So they drive over and I said "Did you make that ball skip across teh water?!" and he said "Yeah, wasn't that awesome! You need to follow us around! You're my good luck charm!" And I refilled their 6 pack and went on my way. THEN I saw them one more time and they got ANOTHER 6 pack! And that's the time they gave me a 5 dollar tip.

So what I've found about my job is if I act really open and friendly, maybe flirt a bit, be really outgoing, I get more tips. :) And it doesn't hurt that I'm not ugly. Haha

Also, I love the people I work with. I mean, I'm the only Cart Girl, but there are a lot of guys who do other things on the golf course. Maintenance things. And they're all the age of my dad. And they act really fatherly towards me and joke around with me. They all remind me of my dad and his buddies. And actually one guy, Tom, who is the most fatherly and looks out for me while still cracking jokes at me, has a son, Kyle, who looks EXACTLY like Garrett (except darker skin and dark hair) and acts exactly like him, too! AND I think they're about the same age! I was hanging out with him inside and it was just uncanny. I can't get over it.

Anyways, sorry this is such a long post. I just really love my job!

No comments: