Saturday, August 16, 2008

I will see you again

I can tell I'm going to like blogging. haha. it's so... refreshing just talking to no one in particular about my day. Although I would rather just be telling Jon. But you know, whatever works, right?


So I woke up and went to the school to paint the parking space numbers in the Brigade Lot. And I get there are NO other band kids there. And one PALs member. The rest of the kids were brigade girls. omg. Anyways, it turns out Mr. Veenstra had told all the band kids at last night's practice not to come help. Of course, I don't go to the night practices. But oh well. So we had to sweep the parking lot and then put the number stencils down and then there was a paint sprayer machine. It was the most frustrating thing I've ever done. Mostly because me and Sarah Madden were the only ones really getting anything done. All the brigade girls were so incredibly slow. They would carry one stencil at a time or just stand there. But yeah. I got really sunburned even though it was cloudy. Crazy. I sweated alot and had alot of fun with Sarah, at least. OH and I got two blisters from SWEEPING. One of them popped while I was sweeping and I didn't even realize I had a blister until it popped and I felt this burning sensation in my thumb. And the other one's a little baby one on the side of my little knuckle on my ring finger. It's cute. And band was cool I guess. We listend to the H2 Saxophone Quartet. They're pretty much the best sax quartet in the country. It's amazing. I'm pretty sure saxophone is my favorite instrument when it's played in ensembles. I just love the sound of them. Amazing.

On a different note, I am incredibly ready for this year to be over. I'm so ready to move on to a different portion of my life. Things are different this year, but enough the same to make me uncomfortable. That probably doesn't make sense to anybody else. But I want to experience something totally new. I'm so jealous of Jon. Haha.

so there goes my life
passing by with every exit sign
its been so long
sometimes i wonder how i will stay strong
no sleep tonight
i'll keep on driving these dark highway lines
and as the moon fades
ive only got twenty more days
but i will see you again
i will see you again
a long time from now

I can't get it out of my head.

No comments: