Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let The Stress Begin.

I am just now fully realizing everything I am doing this upcoming year. How much I have going on. How little "Taylor-Time" I will really have. And I'm beginning to remember how being overwhelmed with stress feels.
Bobcat Express was today. Nothing too exciting. Parking stickers now cost $50 instead of like $35. My Student Assistant "course" is the same period as Tech Theatre, which is what I wanted. Anyways, this is what my schedule looks like.

1. Teacher's Assistant
2. Gov't AP/Dual
3. English IV AP
4. Band
5. Calculus BC
(Lunch?)
6. PALs
7. Computer Science K


Pretty do-able I guess. A good balance of fun and extremely hard. And I saw Alexa McLatcher. The Queen of Theatre. And the Children's Play this year is The Little Mermaid. Alexa is convinced I am the perfect person to play Ariel. And Mrs. Koern usually let's seniority rule when it comes to lead roles. So the other senior girls are me, Alexa, and Olivia. At least, those are the only ones I can think of. It has always been my dream to be a lead in a play. However, if I can convince Veenstra AND Koern to be a little lenient about my schedule and I make the play, my schedule will be jam packed. I would have Little Mermaid rehearsal from 3-5 everyday. Marching band from roughly 6-9 tuesday and thursday (maybe wednesday?). Then that leaves after 9 for all my ridiculous AP courses. So when is there time to practice bassoon, which is my main goal this year? I HAVE to make All-State this year. I made a deal with Veenstra that if I could be excused from 80% of the marching band practices, I would spend extra time playing bassoon. Which I intend to do. But I shouldn't feel like I have to ask permission to audition for a play from Veenstra. He is not in control of me. It's my senior year. I should be able to do what I want to do. I know that I work better when I have more stuff to do. I love being really busy.

This is my senior year. I do what I want. I'm auditioning for the play.

So next year, I will be involved in:
Marching Band, Theatre, Tech Theatre, Church Band, 4 AP Classes, PALs, Making All-State, NHS, Full Orchestra, Key Club, and hopefully something like Higher Dimensions or FCA.
I really hope I enjoy it.




Oh, and I'm REALLY frustrated with CollegeBoard right now.

GDYJHFSAGDSKGFD
HSFHSFDHSFDHSKFDKGSFKHDG


The End.

No comments: