Tuesday, July 14, 2009

San Francisco

Now an update for San Francisco (This will most likely NOT consist of coherent, flowing sentences) -

I was there for three days: Wed, Thurs, Fri.

W and TH had AMAZING weather. It was clear and sunny! No humidity! Not usual for SF.
Friday was San Fran weather again. But definitely not as humid as Houston!

So Wednesday, we got there in the early afternoon. Went to the Exploratorium museum. It's a hands-on science museum. It was really cool. I was really enjoying the  Physics, Audio, and Visual part of the museum. Not so much the Biology part. I discovered I can't hear above about 15000 hz, and I have zero heat in my nose and fingertips. Went to dinner on Pier 39 - ate at Bubba Gump's!! I really want to watch Forrest Gump now.

Thursday: Went to China town, "Where it's all about China and Chinese people" according to a tour guide on a passing duck tour. Molly would've loved it - asians everywhere! Ate at a really nice restaurant. Tried dim sum -YUMMY! Waiter was funny - wouldn't let Morgan order what she wanted because "she would no like." Hahahahaha! Then took a "Mr. Toad Tour" around San Fran for 90 minutes. It was really nice! The driver was HILARIOUS. Saw Meg Ryan's house, Nicholas Cage's house, The Mrs. Doubtfire house, and the Tanner house (from Full House). And some other houses where movies I can't remember because I didn't watch them were filmed. Also saw the Golden Gate up close and personal,  and the bay had about 100 windsurfers I think they were called. Had dinner at a really good italian restaurant. bought a new rain jacket that's offwhite. I LOVE IT!

Friday: Went to the aquarium. Pet a shark, a skate, a starfish, and a sea cucumber. Saw baby octopi (they were ADORABLE!) Went on an hour long cruise tour. Saw Alcatraz and went under the Golden Gate. REALLY windy and cold. Checked out of hotel (btw, we stayed at the Marriot!!! Nicest hotel I've ever stayed in - valet, bellboy, and everything!) Drove to Golden Gate Park, went to the De Young Museum and saw the King Tut exhibit - interesting but disappointing. I wanted to see his coffin. But it wasn't there. But I did see some stuff that was on his body when he was buried, like necklaces, daggers, etc. Went back to Reno.

So that was San Fran in a nutshell! I also knitted a scarf. It's really pretty! Crimson, of course!


Currently listening to: Jenny & Tyler
Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... surprised?

(funny tidbit - when i was typing up "Potter," I accidentally typed "Potty.")

No comments: