Monday, February 15, 2010

Early!

This weekend was a blast! Zachary came up with my Mom and Jenny & Tyler played an AWESOME concert and Amy's boyfriend Taylor came up! And Valentine's Day was GREAT. Jon sure does know how to be romantic! And I'll explain more about all of this later (probably after Wednesday - I have THREE tests Wednesday morning! One at 8:30, one at 9:30, one at 10:30. SUCKS!) but I just wanted to keep the three people who read this updated with my current decisions and whatnot.

Friday afternoon I had a meeting with the temporary head of the Music Education department (the normal guy is on sebbatacle) and talked about the possibility of graduating early. By early, I mean one semester early. Which will mean I'll be graduating in four years instead of four and a half. So technically, I'm graduating on time. But for music majors, it's WAY early! Graduating early is pretty much unheard of! But I'm going to do it! I'll have to take two summers of summer school, and that's basically it! I mean, I'll have to take the classes that are originally in my Senior Spring Semester in my Junior Spring Semester, but since I came into college with so many Gen Ed's, that's a piece of cake. AND I'll never have to take more than 18 hours a semester! I HAVE to take extra classes in order to be a full time student my senior year and keep my scholarships. So if I wanted to, I could just take 14-16 hours each semester, and I won't have to find some random just-for-fun class my senior year. But I might want to do that anyways. ;)

So that's my new goal.
I WILL be graduated in May of 2013, not December.
I WILL be one of the few Music Ed majors to graduate EARLY/ON TIME!

I am so excited about this!

Oh, and I also have a friend who is like me (came in with a lot of credits) and we're going to do all of this together! We'll be each other's support!

Did I mention how excited I was?

1 comment:

where the coffee is said...

ah! taylor! that is so exciting! :)