Monday, February 22, 2010

Woohoo!

So I had three tests (back to back to back) last Wednesday morning. I got a 92 on my first one (Theory), a 93 on my second one (Spanish), and I'm pretty sure I aced the last one (Music in Culture). Hopefully I get the last one back Wednesday.

Well, I think I aced it. I know I aced the test portion (it was all just memorizing and regurgitating the facts back. I finished in ten minutes. And that's including double checking my work, and waiting for my teacher to play the song excerpts a second time.) but the essay portion I'm pretty SURE I did okay. But the GA is grading them. And she seems like a ... you know what. Haha. So we'll see what happens.

I have three (possible four) quizzes tomorrow. A keyboard quiz, where we have to play a I IV I V I chord progression (in different inversions in the right hand) and any key she gives us. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey. Then I possibly have a singing quiz in that same class. I don't know, because we each have to sing one at a time, and she only does two people a day. So, yeah. It sucks. Then I have a spanish vocab quiz. I know about half of the words. I'll probably make flash cards after this. And then I have a "patterns quiz." The teacher will sing TWO notes (not even kidding! two!) and we have to sing them back. Man I love being a music major! Hahah

I wish I wrote deeper, more philosophical blogs. But I can't.

Maybe one of these days I'll write a blog in spanish! That would be fun! I attempted to write a letter to Jon in spanish once. I gave up after "Dear Jon. Right now I'm in my room and I'm very bored. Right now you are at (wherever he was.. I don't remember). I love you. I don't know what to say" or something like that. Then I reverted back to my natural language.

I really love spanish though. If I wasn't trying to graduate early, I would maybe consider minoring in it. It's just so interesting!

No comments: