Monday, January 18, 2010

Back at School

I'm back at OU. I have to admit, the urges to update my blog have decreased to almost nothing. But I'm updating it anyways!

I got back Saturday evening. Jon and I caravanned to Norman. However, we were delayed because at the gas station where we stopped outside of Dallas, I locked my keys in my car. This is a mistake I often make. But usually, one of the other doors are unlocked. This time they weren't. So I had to call AAA (I never know whether to write "Triple A" or "AAA." But you get the picture.) and wait for them to send a wrecker to open my car. Other than that, it was a pretty smooth trip.

Yesterday, Jon and I ran some errands. One of those was picking out a new fish for Jon! I convinced him to get two since they were only 28 cents. One's big with bright orange and yellow. The other's one's small and extremely hyper. I love them.

Today, Jon and I went out to eat with his new roommate, Koen. Koen is from the Netherlands. He's an exchange student studying American Studies (weird, right?) for his Masters. He's so cute! I love his accent! And he's extremely tall and 24. Haha. Anyways, when I read his name, I thought it would be pronounced "Coh-In" but it's not. It's like "Coon." Like raccoon without the ra. But I think Jon and his other roommates are going to call him Coh-in anyways.

Then I practiced bassoon in my dorm room. It was weird. I felt really self-conscious because the walls are paper thin. But I couldn't practice for long because the back of my mouth (where my wisdom teeth used to be) started to hurt. When I play bassoon, there's a lot of back pressure and so I guess since the holes aren't totally healed it started to hurt. I don't know how this is going to work out since I have band and lessons and studio and stuff. I'm getting kind of nervous.

Classes start tomorrow. It's going to be so weird starting on a Tuesday. I hate my schedule this semester. I feel like I'm in high school again because I go from 8 am to 2:30/4:00 depending on the day. It sucks.

No comments: