Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knitting, Baking, and Flushing

Yesterday I got a knitting book at Barnes & Noble. So naturally, I've been knitting all day. Literally. I feel pretty proud of myself. I learned how to purl stitch, made a large swatch of the "Basket Weave Pattern" and made a swatch where it's argyles. Yes, I knit argyle. I'm super excited to make a scarf with it. I also learned how to weave the extra yarn when I'm finished back into the scarf, rather than tying a knot and cutting it and hoping it never comes undone. I wish I had more time to knit.

Jon came over for dinner with my family. Earlier today I read Jenny & Tyler's blog about the recipe for brownies from scratch. So, as Jon & Taylor, we decided to make them! They were pretty good! But when Jon was measuring the unsweetened cocoa, instead of measuring 4 tablespoons, he accidentally did 4 spoons that equaled 4 teaspoons. So instead of 4 tablespoons, it was 16 teaspoons. Oops! So the brownies weren't as sweet as they were supposed to be. But we did a quick fix and sprinkled powder sugar on it! I had never made brownies from scratch before. I love baking things from scratch. I feel so accomplished. When I have a family, I'm going to be the type of mom that bakes all day. I can't wait. I also can't wait to have my own apartment next semester with a kitchen.

Also, after dinner, I had to use the Syringe of Doom and stick the syringe INTO the holes in my mouth and flush it out with water. Unfortunately, my stomach is not that strong. I couldn't even handle watching the doctor do it in the mirror. So I had Mom do it. Not fun. Fdhgsjlfgajhdg.

Tomorrow I'm getting breakfast with Zach! And afterwards I'm getting lunch with Jon. And then I'm starting to pack to leave. It will be a fun and busy day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next year we can cook together and make yummy treats!

taylor.kristine said...

Yes! I'm excited!