Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I've lost my wisdom.

So yesterday morning I got my wisdom teeth out. Just to clarify, my wisdom teeth hadn't grown in yet, so I had to go to an oral surgeon and have them dig them out from underneath my gums so that they wouldn't cause the rest of my teeth to become crooked. So anyways, I got to the surgeon and I was REALLY nervous. More nervous about the IV than them taking the teeth out. So while I was in my room thing, I devised a plan to make the needle entering my skin less painful. Mom would pinch the other arm as hard as possible while they insert the needle so I would be distracted from the pinching pain. It didn't work. So the last thing I remember before the surgery was telling Mom was how the plan didn't work, but both my arm and my hand still hurt. Then I woke up and the nurse was in the room and told me it was over. The next thing I remember was being in a wheel chair outside of the elevator with the nurse and saying "My face is swollen. My face is swollen" and she told me it wasn't, it only felt that way because I was numb. And when I told her no it was really swollen, she said there's a mirror in the elevator I can look at. Then I remember being wheeled out of the downstairs main office and being really embarrassed. Next I was outside of Mom's car and the nurse was telling me to put my feet down. Then I remember getting into the car and telling her how I woke up in the middle of the procedure and there were blue towels covering my face and I could hear machines going and stuff. Then all I remember is Uncle Tom helping to walk me to the front door, and then I was laying down in bed. Oh and I remember Mom getting the video camera and telling me to tell her everything I told her in the car. And then I drifted off while Mom went to go get my pain medication, and woke up when she came back and I barely slept the rest of the day. Jon came over and helped me while Mom went to the hospital to visit Grandma (btw, the hospital's thinking about moving her to another care center, and Uncle Eddie isn't going to have surgery, so he's back home). Then yesterday evening right after Mom got off the phone with my surgeon (who called to check up on me), she gave me the pain pills and a few minutes later I threw them up. And then about an hour later she gave me another pain pills and within the hour I had thrown up again. It was miserable. I hate throwing up. It made me cry both times. So she called the surgeon, and he called in a prescription for nausea pills and Mom picked those up at 11 at night and I tried one of those. And so far, it seems to be working. I haven't felt nauseous all day and I've been taking pain pills. But the downside is the nausea pills make me really really drowsy, so I've been sleeping all day. And my mouth really hurts because I'm only taking one pain pill instead of two since I'm taking the nausea pills. AND my cheeks are starting to swell. Mom calls them chipmunk cheeks. Anyways, that is all for the day.

Sorry that was one long continuous paragraph. I took a nausea pill about an hour ago so I'm getting pretty drowsy and it's hard for me to think on an upper level writing skill. Like I said, I've lost my wisdom.

No comments: