Saturday, January 2, 2010

Taylor? Who's she?

I doubt anyone will read this considering I haven't updated my blog in forever. But in case you've been wondering where I've disappeared to, I'm here to tell you.

So I'll just give you a recap of my semester.
  • I made a 4.0! Straight A's! Woohoo! (And more specifically, I had a 99.something in Spanish.) I'm so relieved. Hopefully I can keep it up?
  • Being in the Pride of Oklahoma was absolutely awesome. I met some really great people and I had a lot of fun. I can't wait until next year.
  • I regret drifting away from my friends back home, but this semester was so hectic and crazy that I didn't really have time to think about anything but band and school. (And I have the 4.0 to prove it! Haha)
  • I really wish I could get a minor in Special Education, but that's not possible. So I'm currently playing with the idea of getting a Masters in it.
  • I haven't found a church to plug into and honestly, I wasn't trying too hard to do that. Saturdays were always the longest day of the week with football games and all and I was often out past midnight doing stuff with the band. So I used that as an excuse not to go to church on Sunday. Also, the Pride practices fell at the same time as Bible studies and such, so I didn't do that too often either. I really regret that. It's really hurting me how much I've stumbled.
  • I feel like I haven't met that many people. I mean, I've met a lot of people, but I don't have any really close friends. I realized that when trying to plan my birthday dinner. But maybe it's better to only be close to a few people?
  • I'm really excited about moving into an apartment with my two new, great friends Ashley and Laney. I don't see them enough, but they're my closest girl friends up at school.
  • I just got back from El Paso. I went there for the Sun Bowl game OU was in. We won. It was amazing. I could literally see Mexico from the highway.
  • While in El Paso, my mom called me and told me Grandma is in the hospital. She had a massive heart attack. She's been sedated for a few days now. I can't gather enough strength to go visit her because I know as soon as I walk into the room I'll break down and won't be able to stay. I feel like a horrible granddaughter. I cry just thinking about it.
  • I started up piano lessons at school. I'm really glad I'm in lessons again. I missed it so much. It gives me a reason to go and practice piano and I end up staying there for much longer than I intended.

That's about all I can think of right now.

2 comments:

Zach said...

This is funny, because I was thinking like two days ago that I should suggest that you start posting on your blog again.

taylor.kristine said...

I'm going to try to keep up with it more. But it probably won't be as epic as y'alls. I've never been much of a blogger.