Monday, January 25, 2010

Stress

Today has been so stressful.

Since I'm not going to be at school Wednesday, I've had to do all the homework that's due Tomorrow, Wednesday, AND Thursday tonight. That's a lot of stuff to do! And it doesn't help that I have no idea if I'm doing the theory homework correctly (my brain just can't wrap itself around the concept of Sevenths. I don't really understand how to get a half-diminished seventh and stuff. But I guess that's why I'm at college.), I had to do some dictation homework (for those of you who are non-musicians or don't know what that means, it means listening to a melody, a complex rhythm, or a series of regular and inverted chords, and figuring out what it is without looking at anything and writing it down. I've never been good at learning things by ear) and one of the chords just doesn't make sense. I think it's a Five Seventh (I have no idea how to write that out without the roman numerals and subcriptions - and there we are with the Sevenths again!), but it sounds like there's only two notes in it. Ugh! And, nobody ever does their homework before the night before it's due, so I have nobody to compare with! I hate our generation of procrastinators! I also have a Spanish quiz tomorrow. My brain is so filled with everything else I have to remember for the next few days that I can't remember all the dumb words. And it's all food! It should be easy! But no. UGHHH I AM SO STRESSED.

No comments: