Friday, January 15, 2010

I want to teach.

Ryan, invite me to read your blog!

Okay. Now that I got that out of my system.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday! I woke up, took a shower, and then spent the WHOLE day with her. We went to lunch, went to the mall, came home and took a power nap that ended up only being a few minutes because we had to go to Jersey Village to watch my brother wrestle his first Varsity match. He got pinned pretty quickly :( I felt so sad for him, because that was the only time he could wrestle. I miss him wrestling. I hope he gets really good, gets a full ride to OU, and then we'll be there for a semester together and I can go to his matches! Then we (mom and me) went to a hibachi grill with my aunt and my neighbor. I love that place. Then we came home and went to bed. Haha

Today I went to two elementary schools. At the first, I sat in on some one-on-one Special Ed classes. If I did Special Ed, that's what I'd want to do. Elementary school one-on-one stuff. Not para, not Life Skills. The little boys that were there were so adorable and the gratification of teaching a student with disabilities how to read and add. Oh it was just amazing. And I sat in on the music class. I'm torn, because I really want to do the S.E. but I really want to do the general music. Maybe it will all work out one day. At the second school, I sat in on some Music Therapy sessions. I now know that is not what I want to do. Yes, it was cool, and yes, I could do it. But I'd be happier being a teacher. I want to teach. I'm meant to be a teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd be a great teacher because you want to teach. So many teachers nowadays do it as a fall back and become lame ducks after a few years. You won't burn out.

My mom did speech pathology and special ed. and absolutely loved it. She found it so rewarding. Plus, you make more money than the teachers. ;) Tough decision.